Saturday 8 January 2011

Centre Pompidou


Going to a gallery of modern art always reminds me just how much I dislike modern art. I find that it can be distasteful, shocking for the sake of being shocking and pointless. However, it also reminded me just how intelligent some modern thinkers are/were. Actually, I don't dislike all modern art; in fact, it's the really modern stuff that I dislike, rather than the exhibitions at Centre Pompidou. However, some of the pictures and installations made me question how they could possibly be called art. Of course, this is what makes it art; the fact that it invokes such a strong reaction. If you can walk past a piece of art without having any feeling towards it, then it hasn't really achieved its goal - to make you feel, think, question. In my opinion, anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment